- During the week venues need to be booked for a minimum of 1 hour.
- On the weekend venues need to be booked for a minimum of 2 hours.
- If a venue is hired for part of an hour, the full hour will be invoiced.
- The venue must be cleaned after use.
- Damages and breakages must be reported immediately to the building manager.
- Prices include VAT.
- Booking times must include the time required to set up the venue before and clean up the venue after. Customers will not be allowed to enter the venue before the start time of their booking. They must also have completed all packing up and clean up by the time their booking slot has ended.
- Customers are not permitted to permanently affix anything to the walls of the venue hired.
- Customers are welcome to consult with Centre about setting up of venue equipment and doing a test run before the booking, but this should be done by appointment and during office hours only.
- The Centre does not have the capacity to have staff available to help with setup. Please do not ask the security guards to help with set-up, they need to monitor security and the reception area area at all times.
- All functions must be over by 10pm. In the event that this is not adhered to, the electrical power will be discontinued.
- Sound is to be at a reasonable level.
- The client accepts that we assume no responsibility for any injuries to guests or damage to and/or loss of property or inconvenience caused, of whatsoever nature, and hereby indemnifies us against any such claims.
- Secure parking is available on site at no risk whatsoever to us for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, theft, vandalism, accident (by yourselves or others) or loss or any other reason that comes about as a result of using our facilities.
- We are a venue only and are not responsible for any other services. However, we can recommend caterers or hiring services that you may need, should you wish to use them. You are more than welcome to provide your own services in this regard subject to our prior written approval. You can also contact Café Isivivana to see if they can meet your needs.
- You are more than welcome to use your own decorations, provided that no structural changes are incurred due to the use of nails, screws, pins or anything else that will deteriorate the structural and/or aesthetic integrity of our facilities.
- No access to, or hanging objects of whatsoever nature, from the roof, rafters or ceilings either inside or outside will be permitted without prior arrangement.
- Please do not stand on our chairs. Damaged chairs will be replaced at your cost.
- The Hirer is responsible for any loss of or damages to our property, of whatsoever nature, whether caused personally or by third parties, and shall pay the amount due on receipt of a written request.
- Access to Venue shall only be provided for the times that the venue has been booked. Please ensure that your booking is made to take into account set up and clean up.
- In the event of a premature departure or a late arrival, the full amount will still be due and no refunds will be awarded.
- Any and all bank charges payable for direct deposits are for the guests account.
- Unruly behaviour will not be tolerated and our security guards will escort such guest/s off the property.
Prompt payments are essential in order to avoid any disappointment. Payment must be made immediately. If payment has not been made within 7 days of the booking we will be forced to cancel your booking in order to make the time and facility available to others. Should you be booking less than 7 days before your event we will require immediate payment.
Refund of the deposit:
In order to have your deposit refunded, please provide the following documentation to the Bookings Officer:
- A letter of confirmation of the bank account from your bank.
- Your refund request letter.
Less than 2 weeks prior to the event date, the full amount paid for the booking is forfeited.
7 days to 2 weeks prior to the event date, 50% of total amount paid for the booking will be forfeited.
If payment has not been received, 3 working days prior to the date of the event, the booking will automatically be cancelled.